rasa.io supports two methods of acquiring contacts from HubSpot:
- List: (static or dynamic): directly defining the contacts to include
- Subscription Type: Select the subscription type that describes which contacts have opted in to receive mailings.
We HIGHLY recommend using List AND Subscription Type to sync your contacts from HubSpot. That is best practice.
Prior to integration, you should select your method of integration and establish the necessary data inside your HubSpot instance.
When a List is selected for an integration, rasa.io does not attempt to remove unsubscribed contacts from the list (as rasa.io has no insight into what attributes were used to build the list). If 2-way integration is selected, a contact field will be updated to reflect that the user has unsubscribed, but that user will remain in the rasa.io platform as an unsubscribed user.
When a contact is removed from the list (in HubSpot), that user will also be removed from the rasa dashboard.
When a Subscription Type is selected for an integration, when rasa detects that a user should no longer receive a newsletter, the user will automatically be opted out of the indicated subscription type. THis will happen if any of the following occur:
- rasa.io receives a signal that the user has opted out of the newsletter
- rasa.io receives a permanent delivery failure report
- rasa.io receives a signal that the user has flagged the email as spam.
When a contact has been opted out, they will subsequently be removed from the rasa.io dashboard, as they are no longer opted in. This means that normally, you will only see recently unsubscribed contacts inside rasa.io. When a nightly synchronization runs, those unsubscribed contacts will be removed.
When selecting a “2-way” integration, rasa.io will update the following parameters inside of HubSpot.
Contact Activity Timeline
All rasa.io newsletter activities are recorded on the Activity Timeline for the Contact.
- Deliveries: A delivery event is recorded with the date/time of the delivery and the Subject Line.
- Opens: An open event is recorded with the date/time of the open and the Subject Line of the newsletter
- Clicks: A click event is recorded with the date/time of the click and the URL that was clicked on.
Custom Contact Fields
HubSpot contacts are updated with several attributes to provide insights into how a contact interacts with the rasa.io newsletter.
These fields are populated in near-real time, as events happen
Last Article Click: The date/time of the last click on an article in the newsletter
Last Click: The date/time of the last click of any kind
Last Delivery: The date/time of the last newsletter delivery attempt
Last Delivery Status: The status of the last attempted delivery:
- Delivered: Successful delivery
- Dropped: Failed attempt to redelivery a previously Hard Bounced email address
- Soft Bounce: Temporary delivery failure. Contact will remain subscribed.
- Hard Bounce: Permanent delivery failure. Contact will be unsubscribed and future deliveries will not be attempted.
Last Open: The date/time of the last newsletter open
These fields are updated on a daily basis
Click Count: The count of unique clicks from this contact
Open Count: The count of unique newsletter opens from this contact
Subscription Status: Describe whether this contact is subscribed (“Subscribed”), or if not - why not:
- API: Unsubscribed via an API integration update
- Unsubscribed: Unsubscribed by user choice/opt out
- Bounce: Unsubscribed as a result of a delivery problem
Subscription Status Changed: The date/time that the Subscription Status field was updated
These fields are updated on a weekly basis
Categories: The top 10 user-specified tags for this contact. The values are all separated by commas, to allow targeted queries and filtering.
Engagement Level: A numeric AI-generated measure of how engaged a user is. Larger values indicate higher engagement.
Engagement Update: The date/time of the last update of the engagement level attribute
Topics: The AI-computed top 10 topics of interest for this contact. The values are all separated by commas, to allow targeted queries and filtering.
If your HubSpot plan allows you to create custom dashboards with external components, you can embed your engagement data inside HubSpot by using a custom URL. For this, you will need a guid, provided by your CS representative.
There are 3 different forms of the URL which present the same data differently:
- https://hubspot-ui.rasa.io/engagement/chart?c=[guid]: Display a graph of opens and clicks
- https://hubspot-ui.rasa.io/engagement/table?c=[guid]: Display a opens and clicks data in a table
- https://hubspot-ui.rasa.io/engagement?c=[guid]: Display both the table and the chart
Please sign in to leave a comment.